Electronics Hardware Engineer (H/F)
Position Title: Electronics Hardware Engineer
Leader in aeronautical and military programs, the SPHEREA group develops innovative know-how and expertise. Being a medium size company, with 620 employees located in 5 countries over 3 continents, SPHEREA is specialized in the design and realization of modular testing solutions for the entire life cycle of complex and critical electronic, microwave, optronic and mechatronic systems.
Our main missions are to provide lasting, innovative solutions and to accompany our Clients throughout their projects in order to guarantee their satisfaction.
Spherea UK, part of the Spherea Group of Companies is a cross-industry provider of complex test systems; providing solutions to the major Aerospace, Defence & Space Primes (Tier1) as well as the platform manufacturers and defence contractors.
Spherea UK has entered an exciting growth phase and is seeking an enthusiastic and creative Electronics / Hardware Engineer to grow its technical capability further.
This role requires an individual with a logical & analytical mindset always keen to learn who will enjoy having complete autonomy over the projects he/she is been given and being involved from technical pre-sales phase (demo, bidding work) through to final acceptance with customers.
The role is based in our Bournemouth office but regular trips to customers across UK and to our HQ in France will be required.
Due to the nature of who we are, you will be designing solutions and new concepts rather than developing an existing portfolio of products. Although Spherea Group has a strong core of technological building blocks (software, electronic, systems etc.) developed under a substantial annual group investment in R&D (10% of profit); most of the time our customers demand bespoke test solutions tailored to their particular needs and taking into consideration their own constraints. Resolving these challenges requires a good level of investigative activity to shape the technical solution with the support of your peers and potentially involve external partners to get the right performance, price point and lead time.
Your main responsibilities will involve:
- You will be heavily involved on high-tech products and dealing with highly critical problems requiring a high level of discipline in a nearly unlimited variety of applications
- You will participate in the initial phases of business capture with the construction of technical architectures and the modelling and feasibility of technical solutions with the customer
- During projects, you will be responsible of the entire V cycle of the product by defining the functional specifications and being responsible of the development and the validation of the product by engaging with appropriate internal & external stakeholders,
- You will then drive the production, test & commissioning of the systems according to the specification aligned with the applicable quality standards
- You will attend the final acceptance with the customer and ensure that the necessary arrangements are made to successfully transfer the system to in-service support
- You will assist the head of programmes with the successful running and administration of engineering projects
- Generalist Electronic & Electrical degree or equivalent, with strength in hardware design
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a Hardware Engineering role
- Strong taste for high technologies
- Self-learner and appetite for challenges
- Entrepreneurial mind
- Great Team worker
- Knowledge of the life cycle of industrial projects (V, Earned Value Management cycle...)
- Track record in taking ownership of a small to medium size projects
- Digital systems
- Develop PCB designs from prototype to end product (OrCAD suite)
- Electronic Design architecture (Analogue/Digital)
- PLD coding (FPGA, CPLD)
- Understand how to work with lab instruments such as Oscilloscopes/Analyzers
- Automated test equipment
- Project Management
- Productization and manufacturing support
- Understand system diagrams and run / read test programs to assist in the diagnostic of system failures would be a significant advantage
- Understanding of the other Engineering domains: control systems/Power/Electro-mechanic/Physics/Radio-comm
This is a cross industry role and will require a high level of adaptability, curiosity and appetite for continuous learning.
Spherea UK offers a comprehensive rewards package including a generous holiday allowance and a pension with a high level of Employer contribution. Through our fully funded benefits scheme you can enjoy products that ensure you stay healthy and secure and suit todays demanding lifestyles. These include family level private healthcare (Vitality), complimentary therapies cash plan (dental, optical, physio, EAP), Life Assurance and Income Protection.
Spherea is a leading provider of complex test solutions from design to manufacture and support
across many different industries and countries. Our mission is to test the world and enable our clients to validate their new products & technologies and commercialise them more quickly and more cost-effectively. With an outstanding pedigree and test in our DNA we are involved in an unlimited field of applications and industries that can range from commercial aircrafts, light armoured military vehicles, helicopters, battle tanks, space platforms, nuclear power stations control systems and even complete metro systems. Whether our customers are at the qualification, production or maintenance stages we deliver the right solution to meet the requirements of their ambitious programmes.
Spherea has headquarters in Bournemouth (UK), Toulouse & Elancourt (France), Ulm (Germany) and USA (Miami) that are working very closely to maximise value creation to our customers worldwide.
Spherea is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application, CV/Resume and covering letter.