Spherea Test & Services is a leading provider of Test Systems and services to the Aerospace and Defence sectors. With sites in Europe, Asia and North America, The Spherea Group has a global presence and this footprint enables the group to enjoy close relationships with its customers. Spherea Test & Services is currently in the process of cross fertilising some of the activities between our sites in United Kingdom and in France. In this process, the candidate will take an active part in the development & maintenance of complex Test System Software that is used for the maintenance of Critical Systems.
The candidate will need to be able to understand and maintain complex software architecture. He/She should have knowledge of programming languages such as C/C++/java and build tools; Windows and UNIX shell scripting and developing environment functionalities (Visual Studio and Eclipse). Network/System administration skills on the latest versions of Windows are appreciated. Knowledge in the use of debuggers, memory profiling tools and software maintenance tools are important.
The frequency of the exchanges with France will require the candidate to be able to work in an international context. A period at the beginning of the mission in France (Elancourt) is required to get to get to know the team and learn about the system and the methods. With the support of our current UK-France liaison, the candidate will be helping to develop this international team working environment. Periodic trips to Elancourt (France) are to be undertaken.
Missions & Responsibilities
- Take an active part in the Test System Software Development
- Support the development team in the Software Maintenance process
- Master the software architecture; Maintain the design consistency
- Good knowledge C/C++, build tools (makefiles)
- Knowledge and application of good programming practices
- 3 years experience within a Software Developer role
- Good knowledge of Windows & Unix environments
- Windows/Unix shell scripting
- Multi-process, inter-process communication & concurrency problems
- Use of Debugger, memory profiling tools & Software Maintenance Tools
- Analysis capacity, rigor
- Ability to work in an international context
- Knowledge in Java is a plus
- Knowing Lex/Yacc and/or Flex/Bison is a plus
- Network/system administration skills (Windows 7/10) is a plus
- Experience on Test System Software or Test in general is appreciated
- Proactivity (participation to the continued amelioration of the product and the process)
- Basic knowledge in French is a plus