Software Developer (Software Maintenance)
Opportunity for a Software Developer in the Aerospace and Defence industry (Software Maintenance).
With sites in Europe, Asia and North America, the company has a global presence and this footprint enables the group to enjoy close relationships with its customers.
The company is currently in the process of cross fertilising some of the activities between their sites in United Kingdom and in France. In this process, the candidate will take an active part in the development & maintenance of complex Test System Software that has evolved over 20 years.
The candidate will need to be able to understand and maintain complex software architecture. He should have a good experience developing with C/C++ languages. Knowledge in the use of debuggers, memory profiling tools and software maintenance tools are important.
The frequency of the exchanges with France will require the candidate to be able to work in an international context. A period at the beginning of the mission in France (Elancourt) is required to get to know the team and learn about the system and the methods.
The candidate will be participating in developing the international team working environment. Periodic trips to Elancourt (France) are to be undertaken.
A good analysis capacity and rigor are required for this position. Participating to the continued amelioration of the product and the process will be part of this position.
Missions & Responsibilities
- Take an active part in the Test System Software Development
- Support the development team in the Software Maintenance process
- Master the software architecture; Maintain the design consistency
- Good knowledge C/C++
- Knowledge and application of good programming practices
- 3-4 years’ minimum experience within a Software Developer role
- Good knowledge of Windows
- Multi-process, inter-process communication & concurrency issues
- Use of Debugger, memory profiling/debugging tools
- Knowledge in Java is a plus
- Knowing Lex/Yacc and/or Flex/Bison is a plus
- Network/system administration skills (Windows 7/10) is a plus
- Basic knowledge in French is a plus
- We have a great benefits package; on top of a competitive salary we have a Pension (4% EE & 8% ER)
- Full Family Healthcare Plan
- Family Cash Plan
- 27 Days Holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- and we have just moved into a new building which we have had completely refurbished.
If you feel you have the relevant skills/attributes to fulfil this role then please apply now!