Systems Engineer - Hardware (M/F)
Spherea UK is looking for a Systems Engineer – Hardware.
In 2016 SPHEREA Group recorded a total turnover of €120 million. This performance was possible due to the skills and attributes of its 620 World Class Employees
SPHEREA’s origins stretch back over 50 years to the involvement of Aerospatiale and Sextant in the development of Concorde and the subsequent automatic-test benches which were designed to support Concorde, Missiles and more generally Avionic Systems.
The size and ability of SPHEREA to involve many actors from different trades, gives it the opportunity to act as prime contractor on many large projects.
With several million euros of investment each year in Research & Development, combined with multiple industrial partnerships and strong relationships with first class academic institutions allows Spherea to conduct multiple research projects and quickly bring new and innovative products to the market place.
Today, as SPHEREA enters a new phase in its history and extends it capabilities beyond its traditional aircraft testing; it is seeking enthusiastic & entrepreneurial individuals to continue to develop its offerings across multiple industries focusing on critical systems.
Spherea UK is looking for a Systems Engineer – Hardware
- You will be heavily involved on high-tech products: design, computer science, electronics and system integration
- You will participate in the initial phases of business capture with the construction of technical architectures and the modelling and feasibility of technical solutions with the customer
- During projects, you will be responsible of the entire V cycle of the product by defining the functional specifications and being responsible for the development and the validation of the product by engaging with appropriate internal & external stakeholders
- You will then drive the production, test & commissioning of the systems according to the specification and aligned with the applicable quality standards
- You will attend the final acceptance with the customer and ensure that the necessary arrangements are made to successfully transfer the system to in-service support
This position is based in our new facility at Bournemouth International Airport. After a period of training on our products in Toulouse, France you will join Spherea UK to be integrated within the Engineering team.
- BEng/MEng Generalist Electronic & Computer Science degree or equivalent, with strength in hardware design
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within a Hardware System design role
- Strong taste for high technologies
- Strong communicator as part of a customer facing role
- Highly Motivated Self Educator
- Entrepreneurial mind
- Great Team Worker
- Knowledge of the life cycle of industrial projects (V cycle, Earned Value Management cycle...)
- Digital systems
- Computer systems
- Electronic Design (Analogue/Digital)
- PLD coding (FPGA, CPLD)
- Real-Time Computing and Embedded Systems
- Project Management
- Knowledge in IP based networks
- Knowledge in Digital buses (A429, RSxxx, CAN, Ethernet, AFDX …)
- Modelling & simulation
Understanding of the other Engineering domains: control systems/Power/Electro-mechanic/Physics/Radio-comm.
This is a cross industry role and will require a high level of adaptability, curiosity and appetite for continuous learning.