Systems Engineer - Hardware (M/F)
Spherea UK is looking for a Systems Engineer – Hardware.
SPHEREA, a TWA of 550 employees, realized, through all its activities, a total turnover of EUR 110 million in 2015.
The history of SPHEREA has its origins in the departments of automatic test of the aircraft aerospace, which has made the first benches self-test for the Concorde, the Aerospatiale Missiles and Sextant avionics.
The size and the ability of SPHEREA to involve many actors from different trades, allow it to position itself as prime contractor on large projects.
Of several million euros R & D capacity combined with multiple partnerships industrialists and academics, to conduct several front research projects to develop innovative products on the market in the short and medium term.
Today, SPHEREA enters a new phase in its history and extends beyond its historic craft, test, to add to its offer, the capacity study, development, production and certification of systems critical.
- Spherea UK is looking for a Systems Engineer – Hardware
- You intervene on high-tech products: design, computer science, electronics and system integration.
- You participate in the upstream phase to capture markets: construction of technical architectures, modelling and feasibility of technical solutions with the customer.
- During the project, you are helping to define functional specifications and make the development of the product.
- You drive the production, validation & commissioning of the system.
- Finally, you attend to the final acceptance with the customer and ensure the in service support as required.
The position is based at our Bournemouth, Dorset premises. After a period of training to our products in Toulouse, France you will join Spherea UK to be integrated within the Engineering team
- BEng/MEng Generalist Electronic & Computer Science degree or equivalent, with strength in hardware design
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within a Hardware System design role
- Strong taste for high technologies
- Strong communicator as a part of the role consist in customer facing
- Entrepreneurial mind
- Knowledge of the life cycle of industrial projects (V, Earned Value Management cycle...)
- French speaking would be a significant advantage
- Digital systems
- Computer systems
- Electronic Design (Analogue/Digital)
- Real-Time Computing and Embedded Systems
- Control systems
- PLD coding (FPGA, CPLD)
- Knowledge in IP based networks
- Project Management
- Knowledge in Digital buses (A429, RSxxx, CAN, Ethernet, AFDX …) would be an advantage
- Modelling & simulation would be an advantage
- Understanding of the other Engineering domains: control systems/Power/Electro-mechanic/Physics/Radio-comm fields
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are motivated, committed and keen to progress with the role and the company.