Hardware (Electronics) Engineer
Location: Bournemouth Airport
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Spherea UK, part of the Spherea Group of Companies is a cross-industry provider of complex test systems; providing solutions to the major Aerospace, Defence & Space Primes (Tier1) as well as the platform manufacturers and defence contractors.
Our mission is to test the world and enable our clients to validate their new products & technologies and commercialise them more quickly and more cost-effectively. With an outstanding pedigree and test in our DNA we are involved in an unlimited field of applications and industries that can range from commercial aircrafts, light armoured military vehicles, helicopters, battle tanks, space platforms, nuclear power stations control systems and even complete metro systems. Whether our customers are at the qualification, production or maintenance stages we deliver the right solution to meet the requirements of their ambitious programmes.
Spherea has headquarters in Bournemouth (UK), Toulouse & Elancourt (France), Ulm (Germany) and USA (Miami) that are working very closely to maximise value creation to our customers worldwide.
Spherea UK has entered an exciting growth phase and is seeking an enthusiastic Software Engineer to join the team and grow alongside the organisation.
The role is to be a Project Hardware Engineer to support the Project Management team in completing daily tasks to ensure electronics engineering solutions meets requirements of the customer.
The projects/applications can be tested and delivered on time and in an expedient manner, co-ordinating with specialist engineering functions as required.
Tasks & Accountabilities
• To create and maintain engineering and electronic designs
• Design and create electronic hardware solutions by means of customer requirements and/or COTS components or PCB design
• Use appropriate software packages create documents, including test reports, letter reports, compliance documentation, and designs
• Work with the customer to offer suitable solutions based on their requirements
• To liaise with different departments including production, logistics, design and test as well as with customers to ensure all projects are run smoothly
• To organise and ensure all timescales are met
• To undertake and advise at customer meetings both on and off site.
• To liaise with suppliers to ensure ability to delivery projects to customers within specified timeframes
• To undertake financial and time saving measures through suppliers, processes and client consolations
• To review, digest and output structural analysis on created components.
• The ideal candidate will have a degree in a relevant engineering discipline (electronics/aerospace/RF/Power electronics).
• Expertise in one of the following would be a distinct advantage: Power, micro-control, signal processing, RF, acoustics, data acquisition
• Proven capabilities in one of the following packages: CAD, SolidWorks, or ORCAD
• Previous experience in a similar electronic engineering role with an advanced manufacturing company
• Knowledge of complete manufacturing process including customer requirements, design, production, test and development
• We have a great benefits package; on top of a competitive salary
• Generous Pension Scheme (4% EE & 8% ER)
• Full Family Healthcare Plan
• Family Cash Plan
• 27 Days Holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
• The ability to do Homeworking (after a qualifying period)
Are you British Citizen (non-dual nationality) and eligible to live and work in the UK with no restrictions?
Have you previous experience in a similar electronics engineering role with an advanced manufacturing company
Have you a degree in an engineering discipline (electronics/aerospace/RF/Power electronics)
Have you previous experience in Power, micro-control, signal processing, acoustics, data acquisition
Have you commercial expertise in one of the following would: CAD, SolidWorks, or ORCAD
Are you eligible to live and work in the UK